Agriculture Value Chain for Microfinance and SME Practitioners
This course on Agriculture Value chain for microfinance and SME practitioners provides an understanding of the gaps and challenges of agriculture finance. The programme would enable participants to sharpen their awareness of the fundamental issues of financing agriculture and agribusiness.
The programme considers different business models, and the available instruments for accessing financial services. Furthermore, it examines the risk mitigation tools with innovative methodologies and systems that have worked.
The programme will use the case study approach and would highlight specific issues through an examination of case studies.
Participants will be encouraged to share their own experiences and facilitate the discussions throughout the course. The course uses a case study approach to analyse what works and what does not in the context of agriculture finance.
- Overview of agricultural value chains;
- Agricultural value chain finance- context and concept;
- Agricultural value chain finance- business models;
- Financing instruments;
- Receivable financing applied to agricultural value chain finance;
- Physical asset collateralization Instruments;
- Risk mitigation in agricultural value chain finance;
- Structured finance and financing enhancements;
- Facilitating tool in agricultural value chain finance;
- Lessons and course wrap-up;
- Islamic finance for agricultural value chain finance.
- Microfinance practitioners;
- SME practitioners;
- Rural development agencies;
- Central bank officials;
- International development officials;
- Financial inclusion specialist.
- USD 1,500 - regular;
- Lunch and two coffee breaks will be provided each day.
|Organizer||The Microfinance Association|
|Related Region / Country||Global /|
Training programme information -
|Keywords||Agriculture Value Chain Finance|