The Digital Finance Landscape - A Strategic Assessment on Microfinance and Financial Inclusion
Digital finance is quickly changing the nature of financial service provision – with promising opportunities to reach more customers and offering a more complete suite of relevant products. However, providers face multiple obstacles leveraging this opportunity – platforms are not always accessible, customers are difficult to serve on digital-only channels, and ad-hoc partnerships pose obstacles many providers find difficult to surmount.
- The changing face of digital finance;
- Digital technology;
- How can digital technology help the unbanked;
- Developmental strategy and digital finance;
- Microcredit methodology under digital finance;
- Products and services under digital channels;
- Delivery channels on digital finance;
- Fintech companies;
- Leveraging digital finance technology;
- Removing obstacles;
- Regulating digital finance.
- Microfinance practitioners;
- Central bank officials;
- Financial inclusion specialist;
- Officials from the ministry of finance;
- Staff of developmental agencies;
- Rural finance specialist.
- The cost of the residential training program is USD 2,000 per delegate;
- Accommodation in a 4-star hotel will be provided for three days;
- Breakfast and lunch provided;
- GBP 20 voucher per delegate for dinner;
- Airport pickup and drop off provided.
|Region / Country||Global / United Kingdom|
Microfinance Association -
|Keywords||Mobile Banking, digital finance, Microcredit|