Finance for Smallholders - Opportunities for risk management by linking financial institutions and producer organisations
This resource appears in:
The purpose of the study is to map practices from the 14 case studies and learn from good and innovative practices. The aim is to improve the approach of NpM/APF and the members of both networks in their efforts to facilitate access to finance for smallholders.
The specific objectives of the study are:
- To get better insight into how to provide appropriate financial products and services to smallholder farmers and their produce organisations;
- To investigate current practices and methodologies to address the known problems andconstraints of the small producers and POs related to accessing funds;
- To map how linkage between these (potential) clients, microfinance institutions (MFIs) andbanks can be strengthened;
- To compile lessons learned for policy guidelines and implications for the role of the Dutchsupport organisations in facilitating these linkages for appropriate access to finance;
- To give recommendations on how can best practices and guidelines can be incorporated into organisations that are members of NpM, APF and e-MFP.
Finance for Smallholders - summary report - English (en)
Finance for Smallholders - case studies report - English (en)
|Publisher||Platform for Inclusive Finance (NpM)|
|Number of Pages||74 pp.|
|Region / Country||Global, Africa / Ethiopia, Mali, Rwanda, Uganda|
|Primary Language||English (en)|
|Keywords||Risk Management, Small Farmers, Inclusive Finance|