Pre-conference workshop: Integrating technical assistance with finance and marketing - innovations and lessons - part 2
This resource appears in:
This pre-conference workshop which took place on 15th March, 2007 reviewed the technical assistance provision needs for smallholders to be able to participate competitively in value chains and to address their related finance needs. It looked at innovations and lessons relating to bundling services in a supply chain approach and/or linking to other support services in order to leverage the comparative strengths of each organization. The role of international development agencies in supporting technical assistance and innovation was also explored.
The following presentations were made during the workshop:
- Fruit and Vegetable Supply Chains in India: Emerging Models and Issues. M. Punjabi, FAO Project Leader
- Lessons from the field. N.V. Ramana, Basix
- Rural financial services: reaching the poor with ICT solutions. J. Campaigne, Drumnet PRIDE Africa
- The Value Chain Framework, Rural Finance and Lessons for TA Providers and Donors. B. Fries – ACDI/VOCA
- Agricultural Finance and Marketing System Korea. Wan-Seok Park, NACF
- Financing the Agri value chain - knowledge is key. A. Datta, Rabo India Finance Ltd.
- Technology Assistance for Rural Development. Weather Risk Management Services
|Year of Publication||2007|
|Region / Country||Global /|
|Primary Language||English (en)|
|Keywords||Value Chain Finance, Agricultural Finance, Marketing|