Advans CI, ESAF Small Finance Bank, and KMF Announced as Finalists for European Microfinance Award on Financial Inclusion Through Technology
On the 20 of September, the Selection Committee for the European Microfinance Award 2018 on "Financial Inclusion through Technology" chose the three finalists who will go on to compete for the EUR 100,000 prize: Advans CI of Ivory Coast, ESAF Small Finance Bank of India, and KMF of Kazakhstan.
This year, the Award has highlighted the role of technology in advancing financial inclusion, showing how technology-enabled services and solutions can help financial services providers such as microfinance institutions increase outreach to low-income and vulnerable segments, offering products and services capable of responding to clients’ needs for trust, speed, low cost, security, usability, and transparency.
- Three finalists offer variety of back and front-end solutions adapted to different challenges.
- Advans CI for its innovative digital payment and savings solution for cocoa farmers and cooperatives.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank for its range of back and front end digital solutions for staff and clients alike.
- KMF for its use of in-house software and tablets to serve clients in extremely remote areas of Kazakhstan.
- Winner to be announced at Ceremony at European Investment Bank, Luxembourg on Thursday 15 November 2018.
- 27 applications from 22 countries were evaluated against comprehensive criteria by two selection committees before three finalists go to High Jury.