International Investors Forum for Financial Service Providers in Ghana & Nigeria
The world over, it has been observed that as microfinance institutions grow and begin to achieve huge scale in terms of outreach of loans to low income segments of the society, challenges related to how to secure financing in the amounts needed and under acceptable terms become more & more apparent. Needed are also ancillary services like rating agencies, training opportunities, social investors etc. An investment forum under such circumstances is a viable platform where all related institutions converge and explore what is feasible and what could be improved and rolled out.
This resonates well as Ghana & Nigeria are on a growth trajectory; taking the economy and microfinance to the next level especially at this period where the United Nations (UN) has initiated the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) under which the pillar one is there would be no poverty in the world by 2030 and pillar 1.3 emphasizes on Financial Inclusion as a pathway for every nation to achieve the pillar one of the SDGs.
The overall drive for this forum is to:
- Bring together international investors, regulators, policy makers, development partners and operators in Ghana & Nigeria.
- Discuss investment opportunities and instruments available to financial service providers serving bottom of the economic pyramid clients.
- Expose the various means of accessing funding from investors.
- Match operators and investors.
- Policy makers.
- Microfinance banks.
- Microfinance institutions.
- Financial NGOs.
- Rural & community banks.
- Savings & loans companies.
- Development partners.
- Commercial banks.
- Finance houses.
- Insurance companies.
- Pension funds.
- Rating agencies.
- Fintech companies.
- Credit bureaus.
|Organizer||Financial Inclusion Advocacy Centre|
|Region / Country||Global /|
|Keywords||Investments, Microfinance, FSPs|