Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit 2017
Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit (FIIS), previously known as the Pacific Microfinance Week (PMW), is a three-day event that will include a formal conference, workshops, field visits, seminars, and roundtables, providing the region’s most comprehensive platform on Financial Inclusion for the Pacific’s financial sector stakeholders. Hosted by the Bank of Papua New Guinea, this event will bring together up to 200 participants from across the region and beyond to discuss and debate pertinent issues impacting financial inclusion in the region.
In 2017 the event is marking its 10th Anniversary as the major multi-sector gathering of financial inclusion stakeholders in the Pacific and is recognised as a landmark event, over many years covering relevant topics, issues, innovations and world-leading case studies in Financial Inclusion. It attracts participants ranging from financial sector regulators, microfinance practitioners, advocates, academic institutions, donor agencies, international financial institutions, NGOs, domestic government agencies and others.
At FIIS 2017, delegates will access innovations, share knowledge, network and engage in technical exchanges to further the effective, efficient and sustainable delivery of financial services within the unique constraints of the region. It attracts participants ranging from financial sector regulators, microfinance practitioners, advocates, academic institutions, donor agencies, international financial institutions, NGOs, domestic government agencies and others.
Wealth Creation as a key enabler of prosperity in the region will be a major topic, and important dialogue on long term and sustainable wealth creation across the region will be facilitated. Other topics which will be discussed and debated at FIIS 2017 will include:
- An overview of financial inclusion in the Pacific region including the latest statistics and updates on significant financial inclusion initiatives.
- Industry reform and market responses – how can access to finance for SMEs be accelerated?
- Showcases of new innovative products, services, delivery channels and programs of financial services providers.
- Enabling microenterprise – what are the supply and demand side influences on microenterprise development in the Pacific?
- Customer centricity – Moving beyond access to design products and services which truly meet the needs of customers.
|Organizer||Foundation for Development Cooperation|
|Region / Country||Global / Papua New Guinea|
Summit information and registration
|Keywords||Financial Inclusion, Small And Medium Enterprises (Smes)|