Global Symposium on Microfinance: Revolutionizing Microfinance: Insight, Innovation, Inclusion
The Global Symposium on Microfinance, with the theme “Revolutionizing Microfinance: Insight, Innovation, Inclusion,” is an opportunity to bring together regulators, financial services providers, mobile network operators and community-based institutions to develop a shared vision of how to harness emerging innovations to meet the needs and expectation of the micro and small enterprises, and provide a broad range and affordable financial products and services.
The Symposium provides a platform for policymakers and the private sector to enhance collaboration and discuss strategic issues in expanding financial services for the poor.
It's also an opportunity to create a network of microfinance experts who can share their insights and experiences so they apply the very latest and most effective approaches in improving financial tools and systems for the most marginalized segments of businesses.
Prominent speakers will share insights and experiences on how technology is expanding the reach of microfinance, while realizing social benefits.
The objectives of the Global Symposium are to:
- Facilitate a broader understanding of emerging global trends in microfinance especially in the context of rapid use of technology to spur products and business model innovation.
- Showcase technology-led and other innovations in microfinance business models, delivery channels, and risk management
- Highlight successful client-centric approaches in providing superior financial services measured by level of access, usage and quality.
- Understand risks and challenges in scaling technology based microfinance solutions and identify proportionate regulatory and supervisory approaches that enable responsible growth.
- Serve as a platform for public-private collaboration in expanding financial inclusion by convening national policymakers and private sector industry leaders
The Global Symposium will convene up to 200 senior management level among the global policymakers responsible for microfinance sectors, related regulators and supervisors, top management of the financial institutions and MFIs, funders, NGOs, practitioners and academicians.
Registration deadline: May 8, 2017