Successful Models in Agriculture Insurance
he ILO's Impact Insurance Facility and its partners are organizing a public conference to look into successful models in agriculture insurance, and discuss key issues such as relevance for small-scale farmers and the role of governments to improve equity and sustainability of the schemes. The conference will disseminate some emerging insights from the work of the Global Action Network.
The conference targets insurance practitioners currently offering or interested in offering agriculture insurance, distribution channels, enablers, government players, and key stakeholders interested in learning about how to make agriculture insurance more impactful for rural households and farmers.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Discuss the landscape of agriculture insurance and examine successful models employed globally;
- Review existing impact evidence and approaches to deliver agriculture insurance responsibly;
- Discuss the role of governments in making agriculture insurance more equitable and sustainable.
The program includes sessions on:
- Agriculture insurance and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Successful models of agriculture insurance with case studies from Kenya and India;
- Creating impact for small holder farmers in a responsible way;
- The role of the government.
Speakers will include representatives from ILO, World Bank, IFAD and leading universities.
|Region / Country||Global /|
|Keywords||Agricultural Insurance, Agriculture|